So, we have filled you in on the healthiest foods to be eating in order to prevent diabetes, but it's not just about healthy eating, exercise is a must too! So personal trainer and sport scientist, Kayleigh Dawson (@fitnessbarbiedxb), has given us a workout which is suitable for everyone.
There is no equipment needed so you have no excuses! Get this done in order to keep your fitness journey going after the Dubai Fitness Challenge and to help reduce your risk of diabetes...
First ensure you perform a quick warm up:
- Jog on the spot for 30 seconds
- 10 squats
- 10 press ups
- 10 sit ups
- Then do a few dynamic stretches and shoulder rolls
Then start your circuit of 2 rounds of 10 exercises:
- Walk outs
- Mountain climbers
- Press up (on knees or toes)
- Sit ups
- Alternating forward lunges
- Press up with a twist
- Jumping squats
- Plank (if you want a challenge add in toe taps to the sides
Once finished the circuit ensure you rehydrate and do a cool down including stretches.
- Beginner: 30 seconds on 30 seconds off
- Intermediate: 40 seconds of 20 seconds off
- Advanced: 45 seconds on 15 seconds off