If you've only been using lip balm to soften your lips when they're dry, allow us to let you in on a secret: This trusty beauty product can do so much more! We spoke to the pros behind eos lip balm to find out the best ways to use it beyond your lips, from speeding up your beauty routine to quick and easy beauty fixes. (Note: we suggest keeping a few different lip balms in your makeup box for different purposes.)
Here are 12 of our favorite lip balm tricks:
1. Tame flyaway hairs. You know those little hairs that always seem to stick out by your hairline? Smooth them into place with a little Chapstick.
2. Intensify eyeshadow colour. Apply lip balm to your makeup brush before putting on eyeshadow to get a deeper pigment.
3. Erase mascara smudges. This common beauty blunder can easily be fixed! Next time you're a victim of runny mascara, just apply eos to the area, and then wipe it off with a tissue.
4. Keep eyebrows in place. Thick eyebrows are one of the best ways to change your entire look, but this trend does come with extra maintence. Easily tidy up loose hairs by smoothing them down with lip balm.
5. Reduce lines under eyes. Lip balm will hydrate the area under your eyes, which reduces the appearance of lines. Make sure you use a soft brush instead of applying lip balm directly from the tube since this skin is extra-sensitive.
6. Use as highlighter. Skin looking dry from the summer heat? Give your cheeks a dewy look by applying lip balm to your cheekbones.
7. Hide pimples. Eos Medicated Tangerine Lip Balm is packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, shooting shea butter, and jojoba oil, which can hide pimples if you apply it to the effected area before applying your makeup. The balm will create a barrier that will keep you concealer in place and help disguise your breakout.
8. Help earrings slide in faster. While you should never force an earring into your ear, lip balm can act as a lubricant if the hole is just a little too tight.
9. Refresh dead ends. Add moisture and shine to dead ends before your next haircut.
10. Clean your sunglasses. According to the pros at eos, their Lemon Drop Lip Balm makes a sufficient cleaner for sunglasses. Just spread it on the lenses and then wipe them clean with a dry cloth.
11. Slide off a tight ring. Fingers are prone to swelling, especially in the heat. Luckily, applying Chapstick to your finger can help a ring slide off without hurting too much.
12. Soften rough cuticles. Instead of buying cuticle oil, apply your favorite lip balm to your nail beds to add moisture.
Originally appeared on cosmopolitan.in