Okay, there's always a ton of stuff that happens during GITEX that we love but we've got to say this one is our fave for as long as we can remember. You can actually rent a driver for as little as Dhs40 an hour and use a limo service that's tons cheaper than Careem and Uber. Dubai Transportation Authority (DTA) have really won us over with this one. Here are some of the dets:
1) There will be an app launched at the end of the month that allows you to order a driver to your doorstep. Easy as that.
2) You can also request a Tesla, a female-driven limo and it's absolutely commission free.
3) There will be awesome discount codes for you to use and special rates if you're a frequent customer.
4) Going to Sharjah won't have any additional fee. For regular taxis it's about Dhs20.
5) When requesting a driver, you can absolutely tailor it to your requirements - female, fluent in a certain language, etc.
Can't wait to get started! Should Careem and Uber be worried?