I admit, chocolate and hummus does sound a little, erm, gross together. But let me tell you something, it actually is tasty!
Basically, it barely tastes like hummus but is wayyy healthier than regular chocolate. So how do you make it? Let me tell you...
Prep and cook time: 5 mins!
-1 1/2 cups cooked canned chickpeas
-1/4 cup maple syrup, agave syrup, corn syrup or honey
-1/2 cup cocoa powder
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Drain the chickpeas into a glass measuring cup and reserve.
2. To the bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas, syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, kosher salt.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of water or the liquid from the chickpea can.
4. Puree for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl.
5. Add more syrup if necessary (depending on taste). Add an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of water and puree again until a creamy consistency.
6. Store refrigerated for 7 to 10 days.
You can enjoy this with some fruit or pretzels. Thank me later.