The sun is out, the air is hot and the pressure is on. It’s almost bikini season and for most of us, that brings on a lot of feels (and not the good ones). If you’re feeling stressed about hitting the beach and showing off a bit more skin that you’ve been used to for the past few months, fear not because we’re all in the same boat.
Chances are you may be experiencing some, if not all, of the below thoughts. So please, follow me on this journey of self-discovery I go on every summer...
1. "Guess now's a better time than any, to start this dreaded diet"
Keto, Atkins, Weight Watchers. We're ready to try all of the diets out there, if they'll help us shed those pesky few pounds before we have to actually fit into a swimsuit.
2. "Probably shouldn't have skipped all those gym days"
The month before summer is probably the most time we all spend at the gym because it's rush to get bikini-fit.
3. "I'm sure one cheat day won't hurt"
We try but we can't stay away from our cravings too long. We are only human after all.
4. "This salad will cancel out the cheesebuger I had yday, right?"
Duh. Everyone knows that's exactly how a balanced diet works.
5. "I'm sure trying on my bikini from last summer won't be that bad..."
Big mistake. Retreat. Abort mission.
6. "Wait a second. Why am I so worried? I'm going to look amazing, no matter what."
Who cares what people think? I'm comfortable in my own skin and that's all that should matter. And, it only took me two mental breakdowns, three crash diets and one trip to the gym to figure that out. I consider that an accomplishment.