It's officially festival season, guys, and Coachella is starting off proceedings nicely. Our fave Ariana Grande is headling, and celebs including Selena Gomez, Kendall Jenner and Jordyn Woods have been spotted soaking up the sun and working some extra lewks. Check out the fashion they've brought to the table so far:
But let's be real, we haven't got the make-up (or the artist) on hand to help transform us like Gigi and co. So we've decided to bring you three DIY Coachella-inspired beauty looks, with the help of our talented friends at Glitterbox, to help you look on point. Each look is so easy and will most definitely upstage your friends (sorry not sorry) regardless of whether you're rocking a summer festival or not.
Look 1: Seeing Stars
1. Mix the shades ‘Amethyst’ and Royal’, from the Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow pallete to your lid. Blend it into the eye socket to create that transition shade, using an eyeshadow blending brush.
2. Select an iridescent purple shade (similar to the Fenty Beauty Match Stix Skinsticks in the shade ‘Confetti’).
4. Taking the ‘Angelic’ shade from the Huda Beauty Desert Dusk palette, add to the inner corners of your eye.
5. Add a fleek-y wing to your eye glam with some killer liner. Here we used the Benefit Roller Liner Eyeliner.
6. Use ‘Amethyst’ again and add it under the eye, using a flat top eyeshadow brush.
7. Take the ‘Angelic’ shade and apply it to the lower inner corners of your eyes.
8. Get some Mascara on to add some dimension to your lashes. Here we used the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Dramatic Mascara.
9. Add some blue eyeliner to the lower waterline of your eyes to really make you look wide awake and ready to party. Here we used Kat Von D's Everlasting Lip liner in the shade ‘Satellite’.
Get your shine on with some lip gloss. We used Fenty Beauty Fenty Glow in the shade 'Shimmering Rose Nude'.
To get rid of any of excess oil use blotting powder. We used the MAC Blotting Powder with a Charlotte Tilbury face brush.
1. To attach the tiny stars to your face, all you need is eyelash glue. Apply the glue to the back of the star and start sticking them onto your cheekbones.
2. Apply with a cotton bud or a Q-tip or with your fingers. You may even use a brush, if you want to be precise.
3. Mix and match with big and small stars, plus different coloured stars.
4. You can get the stars from any Crafts shop (Creative Minds)
5. Pro Tip: know when to stop and don’t go overboard...
Look 2: All That Glitters
1. Using the same Huda Beauty Desert Dusk palette, take the shade ‘Saffron’ and apply to the outer corners of your eye. This will help you build onto the eye look, if you're going for that exaggerated festival glam.
1. Use long-wearing hair gel (we used L’Oreal Paris' Studio Line Indestructible Gel) and apply it onto your cheekbones and around the eyes. Basicsally apply hair gel to the areas where you’d apply your highlighter.
2. Choose an iridescent purple glitter and press it into the skin in short dabs, rather than attempting to blend or brush it. This is so that the glitter sticks to the skin and you'll avoid all the fallout. The shade used here was, ‘Purple Rain’ from Glitterbox.
3. You may use the same brush to apply the hair gel and the gliiter.
4. Take the glitter all the way under your eyes, if you to look extra awake and have an exaggerated look.
5. When applying the glitter, make sure you stay close to the eyes in order to frame them well.
6. Finish the look with a bit of silver glitter, in the shade ‘Glitterati’ from Glitterbox.
Look 3: Jewel Me Up
Scrape up your hair in a messy bun and leave some strands loose.
1. Take things up a notch and add some colour to your lips. Here we used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Palette Vol 1 and opted for 'Shade 10', which was a bright pink lip.
2. Use a lip liner if you want to overline your lips and get that perfected lip look.
3. Apply the lipstick with a lip brush for accuracy.
1. Get rid of any excess oil with a blotting powder.
1. Use eyelash glue or Spirit Gum (a thick adhesive usually more effective in summer when you want long-lasting wear from the gems and don't want it to be affected by sweat ) and apply it to the back of the crystals. Yoy may then stick it to your skin using light pressure.
2. You can purchase these crystals/jewels from a craft shop.
3. Start with the biggest crystal right in the center of your forehead and start building the look by adding more crystals around it.
4. Choose the colour of the crystals according to the glitter on your cheeks.
Face: To finish up, add some pink glitter (we used the shade ‘Pink Pony’ from Glitterbox) and apply to the cheekbones and above the eyebrows. This will help bring the whole look together.
Hair: Apply the hair gel to the roots of your hair and then dab the glitter on. Using a brush, you may sweep the glitter out accordingly.