Friends, family, everyone named Susan, we’ve finally made it to Thursday. It’s been a challenging few days, filled with change, tears and ice cream but we have made it. And, we are now looking to the future with positivity and happiness – that’s until life comes to throw another “character building” obstacle our way (about three hours till this happiness).
To keep your spirits high till then, I’ve compiled a list of some of the happiest songs known to man (the tunes that come to mind during the writing phase of this feature).
Please enjoy and know that we now have a strong bond. One that will blossom with age and a shared appreciation for sarcasm and puns.
1. “Paradise” By George Ezra
I dare you not to sing along. I DARE YOU!
2. “Banana Pancakes” by Jack Johnson
My wedding song, ladies and gentlemen
3. “Send Me On My Way” by Rusted Root
The ultimate road trip song
4. “Good Vibrations’ by The Beach Boys
5. “The Twist” by Chubby Checker
I once injured my hip trying to mimic the dance
6. “Dancing Queen” by Abba
*Instantly feels fabulous*
7. “Geronimo” by Sheppard
8. “Golden” by Mika
Play this to all the peasants who ever made you question how brilliant you are. *Runs with portable speaker to a few people in my building*
9. “If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out” by Cat Stevens
*Belts out EVERY SINGLE LYRIC*
10. “You Call Me Al” by Paul Simon
11. “Tutti Frutti” by Little Richard
12. “Take On Me” by a-Ha
Takkkkkkkkkeeeee Meeeeeee Onnnnnnnnnn
13. “Walking On Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves
Yeeeeeeee Katrina! Sing it, girlllllllll!
14. “All Star” by Smash Mouth
*Instantly thinks of Shrek…*
15. “I’m A Believer” By The Monkees
“I couldn’t leave her if I tried” – probs cause she’d stalk you and all your future loves….
16. “Pocketful of Sunshine” by Natasha Bedingfield
17. “Suddenly I See” By KT Tunstall
*Pretends to walk the runway* Song was iconic in The Devil Wears Prada
18. “MMMBop” by Hanson
Where these guys at?
Right folks, I hope that these tunes bring a smile to your face. Imma go for a walk now, I will be sure to spread love and joy while I do so. The GIF is a preview of what that will like...