When it comes to fancy dress, what's better than when a celebrity dresses up as another celebrity?
A-listers are famous for going all-out with costumes resulting in over the top, sometimes ridiculous, but mostly impressive outfits. But when they start dressing up as each other; childhood heroes, celebrity throwbacks, even their own partners, it really is the icing on the (already extra) cake.
Plus, their dress-up ideas act as great inspiration for our next Halloween costumes (though we can't promise that our own attempt at Hilary Clinton will go down quite as well as Katy Perry's).
Scroll through to see our fave moments of celebrities dressing as other celebs...
1. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Kylie Jenner as Christina Aguilera
In another amazing noughties throwback, this time Kylie Jenner takes on Christina Aguilera's infamous look from the 2002 music video for her mega hit 'Dirrty'. We just can't get over the accuracy of Kylie's make up and epic outfit that she wore for Halloween back in 2016.
2. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Chrissy Teigen and John Legend as The Queen and Prince Philip
As royalty amongst Hollywood's famous couples, it is only right that these two would pay a fitting tribute to another iconic reigning pair. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend look pretty damn adorable dressed as Queen Elizabeth II & Prince Philip for Halloween in 2018.
3. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Adele as Dolly Parton
Adele is unrecognisable dressed as the legendary Dolly Parton, back in 2018. Probably thanks to the bouffant blonde wig that the American singer is so famous for. We also loved the fan girl-ing that this tribute sparkled from both music stars.
4. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Jessica Biel as Justin Timberlake
Nothing quite says romance like dressing up as your husband back in his boy band days for Halloween. And Jessica Biel definitely won this costume party with her JT tribute. She's even wearing the actual jumpsuit that he wore for this NSYNC press shot - we think the wig tops it though!
5. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Paris Hilton as Miley Cyrus
Paris Hilton's costume is a carbon copy of Miley Cyrus' get-up from the 2013 VMA awards. The cute top knot bunches and diamanté necklace helps complete this spot-the-difference imitation.
6. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Harry Styles as Miley Cyrus
Miley's look at that VMA performance was obviously a popular choice for celebs that year - according to this post on Instagram of Harry Styles anyway, seeing a blurry Harry donning the foam finger as well as Miley's signature peace-sign-tongue-out pose.
7. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka as Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka hit the nail on the head with their gothic depiction of the Olsen twins. If you squint you really can't tell which is the real Mary Kate & Ashley and which is the married actor duo. Very impressive!
8. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Katy Perry as Hillary Clinton
For a Halloween party thrown by Kate Hudson back in 2016 - just ahead of the presidential election that year - Katy Perry turned her support for Hillary Clinton up a notch by going under some serious prosthetics for this mind-blowing transformation into Hillary herself. Eerily good!
9. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Ciara and Russell Wilson as Beyoncé and Jay-Z
For Halloween last year Ciara and husband Russell Wilson dressed in identical outfits as Beyonce and Jay-Z, recreating the opening sequence of The Carters' epic music video for 'Apes**t' - replacing the painting reference of the Mona Lisa with a painting of Michelle and Barack Obama. Power couples all round!
10. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Kourtney Kardashian as Ariana Grande
We had to do a double-take, Kourtney Kardashian's imitation of Ariana Grande is that good, with the baby doll dress and that over the shoulder stare, Kourtney has perfected her Ariana. With the Kardashian track record for fancy dress this mastery is no big surprise.
11. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Winnie Harlow as RuPaul
After attending Heidi Klum's Halloween party last year, Winnie Harlow's impeccable recreation of RuPaul's iconic MAC Viva Glam campaign from back in 1995, secured her with an actual MAC Viva Glam campaign 25 years after the original. It was THAT good!
12. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Rita Ora as Post Malone
Sporting a beard and countless tattoos, Rita Ora's transformation into Post Malone is draw-droppingly good. Rita attended and performed at the KISS Haunted House Party back in 2018 while dressed as the rapper and she completely nailed it.
13. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Nina Dobrev as Billie Eilish
Billie Eilish was a costume favourite amongst celebs for Halloween in 2019. And it's easy to see why, with the fast rising star's striking look and cool attitude an exciting one to emulate, and American actress Nina Dobrev has got that look down.
14. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Kaia Gerber as Joan Jett
Kaia Gerber, who comes from supermodel royalty, can really pull off any look, so it's no surprise she killed it with her transformation into punk rock musician and trailblazer Joan Jett.
15. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Mindy Kaling as Jared Leto
We may have missed it this year, but Mindy Kaling's tribute to the Met Gala certainly filled that empty fashion hole. Mindy's home rendition of Jared Leto's Gucci get up last year, and his trippy accessory, is hilarious and masterful.
16. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Beyoncé as Lisa Bonet
It's almost a year since Beyoncé shared never before seen images of herself dressed as actress Lisa Bonet in the '90s to celebrate the star's birthday. Lisa's daughter, actress Zoe Kravitz, was so impressed with the likeness she shared them on her Instagram asking "Am I your child too?" Adorable!
17. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Kim Kardashian and Joyce Bonelli as Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington
Kim K and make up artist Joyce Bonelli dressed up as fashion royalty for Halloween back in 2014 donning the infamous hairstyles and signature looks of American Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour and Creative Director Grace Coddington. With an (adorable) cameo from North West as designer Karl Lagerfeld.
18. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Kate Moss as Cara Delevingne
What a super star model mash up! Fashion world veteran and MSW (most stylish woman) Kate Moss dressed as fellow model Cara Delevingne for a 2014 halloween bash and boy did she get it SPOT ON. It's safe to say Cara was honoured by Kate's tribute.
19. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Olivia Munn as Ali Wong
With those hot pink rimmed glasses, tight leopard print dress and carrying a set of nunchucks over her shoulder, Olivia Munn kills it as stand-up comedian and actress Ali Wong, imitating the poster image for Ali's Netflix special Hard Knock Wife.
20. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Lily Allen as Kris Jenner
Lily Allen absolutely nails it with her impression of Kris Jenner's pouty pose and penchant for selfies. Lily's homage to the Kardashian fam's momager was for Heidi Klum's infamous Halloween party in 2019.
21. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Khloé Kardashian as Kris Jenner
Another Kris impersonator, but this time by a person who surely knows her best. Of course her own daughter Khloé Kardashian perfects the costume during a Kardashian family dress-up session when they all imitated each other. The family are true masters of disguise.
22. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Fergie and Josh Duhamel as Karl Lagerfeld and Choupette
We love Fergie's inventive way of staying true to Halloween's old classic 'sexy cat' costume. With her then husband Josh Duhamel, the duo dressed up as Karl Lagerfeld and his beloved feline friend Choupette. Josh's sleek black ensemble matches the fashion designer's signature look perfectly.
23. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Tinashe as Snoop Dogg
American singer Tinashe embodies Snoop Dogg down to a tee with the pose and the iconic braids, plus her comically large chain and spliff are integral accessories completing the look.
24. Celebrities dressed like other celebs: Tyra Banks as Richard Branson
Calling Richard Branson her "business hero", fellow tycoon Tyra Banks paid the highest compliment you can give - by fully dressing up as the billionaire mogul and boy, is it a sight to behold. I mean all those years on America's Next Top Model, she really is the master of transformation.