Protection from UV rays is the most important thing you can do for your skin, so we spoke to Lisa Williams, education manager at Dermalogica to get the low-down on how to protect your skin, in addition to SPF.
There is no doubting that SPF is vital in health, skincare and anti-ageing, and Cosmo are huge advocates of protecting against those harmful rays every day. But what else can we do to protect ourselves against UV rays? Here’s a few tips on how to protect yourself and your skin, in addition to your SPF.
- Stay in the shade, especially during those midday hours.
- Wear clothes that cover your arms and legs.
- Wear a wide brim hat to shade your face, head, ears and neck.
- Wear wraparound sunglasses that protect from UVA and UVB rays (finally an excuse to purchase those Dior kaleidiorscopic sunglasses).
- Avoid tanning beds (at all costs!!).
- Be cautious if you are taking medications as they may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- You could use products in addition to your SPF which contain anti-oxidants as these protect the skin from free radical damage which can be present in UV and lead to premature ageing. Try Dermalogica’s antioxidant hydramist, a convenient mist-on formula which supplements the skins protective barrier and creates an antioxidant shield.
Dermalogica Antioxidant Hydramist (150ml), Dhs209 at ounass.ae