She's gorgeous, internationally famous and your #BigBeautySister. Cosmo ME's February cover story charts the inspirational rise of the beauty mogul and yes, Huda is as fabulous on the inside as she is out. Here are five things she shared only with us.
1. Mona, her sister, was the reason she got interested in beauty. "I personally never wanted to be in beauty pageants but I would watch Mona and think that if I did her hair and make-up differently, she would look so much better. She didn't let me touch her face till I was a teenager!"
2. Huda was fired from her job as a financial recruiter and she says it was the best thing that ever happened to her. "My boss actually told me I shouldn't be doing this anymore despite me being the best performer on the team... losing the job was devastating but obviously it ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me."
3. Huda's sister, Alya, was the first investor in Huda Beauty. "She was the saver in the family!"
4. Chris, Huda's husband, and her are high school sweethearts. "I still remember the first time we spoke. I was walking home from school and he drove by with his friends in a car. It was my birthday and his friend wished me. Chris was like, "It's your birthday? Happy birthday, Huda.' I was so excited. He was really popular and I had a crush on him..."
5. Huda's closest friends, apart from her family, are the people she works with. "The people who surround me are my biggest strength. Truly, my colleagues are my best friends."
To read more buy the February issue of Cosmopolitan Middle East. On stands now!